Growing Your Best Self
A Virtual and Physical Journey of Nature-Based Personal & Leadership Development
May 23rd – August 8th, 2021
Blending nature-based reflective activities with six virtual gatherings
Registration deadline extended to May 15th!
The seasons are finally changing and we are emerging from a year of unexpected confinement. Our lives were altered in dramatic ways. You may have found yourself turning inwards, entering chrysalis form, or instead, found yourself bombarded with new tasks and responsibilities! However you spent that time, maybe hints of clarity were emerging, new ideas were forming, or old ones resurfacing as you may have found rare moments of peace walking or simply sitting outside.
With the promise of this new season, do you return to the usual noise and busyness unchanged? What if you engage in purposeful reflective time, weekly solo activities blending time on the land with writing and other creative practices, and dialogue with peers doing the same? With just you, this guidance, and the strands of Nature at your fingertips, what beacon signal might you wish to put forth to the world now, and in the days and years to come?
This virtual retreat is for women of all ages and walks of life committed to bringing about a better world. We will weave together solo time in Nature with teaching, sharing and convening with others in council. Using inner and outer Nature as our first and best teacher, this retreat will guide you through reflection and intention to connect mind, heart and action. The Center for Nature & Leadership and the Generative Council have enriched and emboldened many talented, thoughtful women leaders through this transformative experience and welcomes you to join our next journey!
“Spending time in nature with a broader vision for my life has yielded incredible insights. Setting time aside to contemplate both my personal and professional hopes. And what a lovely bonus to be in a reflective, supportive community with strong, interesting women!”
Karen Marie Christenson, St. Paul, Minnesota
Here is what you get:
- Six 100-minute virtual gatherings of teaching, sharing, and connecting with others
- A voluntary, extended-time solo retreat during the fifth session (July 25)
- Weekly solo activities blending time on the land with writing and other creative reflection practices
- Connection with peers through dialogue walks, conversation, and Council
- Opportunities for individual coaching with program guides
During our time together, you will:
- Learn personal and nature-based practices designed to enhance your presence and effectiveness
- Reflect on your life, work and aspirations to shape a richer personal and professional life
- Join a community of like-minded women leaders who provide support, perspective and mentorship
- Be inspired and motivated to bring your best self to what matters most in your life
- Gain fresh perspectives and deeper insights to propel you towards greater wholeness and embodied leadership
Guide: Beverly Winterscheid, Ph.D.
I’m a deep-rooted, heart-forward guide for the voice of Nature speaking to and through you. With 20+ years of corporate and academic experience in strategy & leadership development, I now focus on guiding women to cultivate their unique talents in growing more just, equitable and Earth-affirming families, organizations and communities. That’s why I launched the Center for Nature & Leadership, and especially, the Generative Council. What better teachers are there for most situations in life than Mother Nature and a community of talented women?
Guide: Cary Gaunt, Ph.D.
Two great loves comprise the heart of who I am and the work I do in the world. One is a profound connection with the earth forged by my childhood on a small farm in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley and honed through a lifetime of listening to the land, exploring and living in natural places. The other is a deep spirituality comprised of contemplative and nature-based practices, Soulcraft™, spiritual discernment, and wilderness rites of passage. I bring these two great loves together in my work as a sustainability leader and contemplative practitioner and teacher. My commitment is to support organizations and individuals in moving beyond sustainability to restoration and flourishing.
Six online 100 minute sessions: May 23, June 6 & 27, July 11 & 25, August 8 at 10am PT/1pm ET. On July 25, you’ll have an opportunity for a voluntary, real-time solo retreat extending that session by two hours. During the off-weeks, you’ll have individual reflection and planning, both inside and out.
$375 for the experience described above, practices between sessions and all program materials.
Interested, but the cost is prohibitive? Learn about our scholarships here. The mission of the Center for Nature & Leadership is to provide transformative experiences to diverse women leaders from all walks of life and locales, so no one will be turned away due to finances.
Registration & Readiness
- Complete the online registration no later than May 15, 2021. You will be directed to a payment page upon completion of your application form. Upon receipt of payment, we will send you confirmation that your place is held.
- You’ll need a reliable internet connection and device, download Zoom which is free, and respect outdoor safety & health recommendations in your area.